Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We can't change them but we can avoid them

Recently my family has been struck with work place stress.  In all incidents there seems to be one thing in common, that one co-worker whom decided for whatever reason that they are going to point out every little thing THEY feel is wrong with how you are doing YOUR job. 

I feel that people get so caught up in right from wrong and proving their 'right' that they loose sight of the big picture.  The big picture being we are all humans living and working in a struggling economy whom have families and personal problems. While at work we should focus on being kind to one another and not focus on the flaws.  We as a society focus enough on "flaws,"  we should make it our mission to focus on the positive at work.  Lets face it, nobody really loves being at work all the time so you might as well make it as enjoyable as possible.

I feel slapped in the face by billboards showing me I have the 'wrong body,' by magazines telling me how to loose weight, with  liquor stores flashing adds of people having fun while gulping down liquor which sends a terrible message to our young people.  If I were to be this 'perfect' being at 5"9' 120 pounds and happily intoxicated without gaining bloated tequila calories, I would only exist in fiction, which is really where these human beings only exist considering all the air brushing and photo shopping. 

I am simply saying, please please please think before you say or do something related to pointing out a flaw in a co-worker.  It isn't a good motivator, in fact the loved one I spoke with about this issue described feeling so deflated that he just wanted to crawl into a hole and sleep. Maybe that  "flaw" is only real in your mind, and maybe you are so focused on what they are doing because you don't want to focus on what you should be doing,. 

Comments? 

No comments:

Post a Comment